May 14, 2013

Deadly Sins Challenge – Day 7: Sloth (Green Gradient Dots)


Hey guys! Today’s mani is a new entry to the Deadly sins challenge. The theme for this deisgn was ”Don’t try too hard but explain everyone how to do something really easy”. So I decided to do this dotticure. So easy to do for all you lazy heads just give it a try because it’s easy peasy, haha peasy peas green peas like the dots… ok i better get the show started.
When I was doing this mani I didn’t have in mind doing the tutorial for the challenge so I started doing my nails and then thought I oculd use it for the challenge. As I had already started the tutorial is on my right index so I did it with my non dominant hand that’s why the dots are a bit sloppy. But I was so lazy when I realized that I wasn’t going to take it off to make a tutorial so here you have it done with my left hand.


1. Apply your favorite base coat to protect your natural nails and then paint your nails dark green, I used Hugo Moss by Catrice.

2. Get a big dotting tool and make three dots with a lighter green. They don’t need to be in a straight line, mine aren’t.

3. Make three more dots with a different green

4. Repeat the same with another green

5. And again three dots with the last green that should be the lighter color.

6. Add a top coat to seal in the design and you are done!

This is the final result. It’s a really easy design and it looks great. You can do different variations of this design with different colors or starting with the lighter color as a base and go darker with the dots. You choose how you want it to be! These are the colors I used:


I hope you liked this design and you try it yourselves. Don’t forget to share with your friends, like and comment if you have any questions or suggestions. And let me know if you will try this design, I would love to see yours! Happy polishing!


No comments :

Post a Comment