May 5, 2013

5 de Mayo!

Hi guys well I’ve wanted to do skulls and skeletons o my nails for quite a long time and I thought that as today in Mexico they celebrate ”El día de los muertos” today would be a great day to try this design.


Excuse my awkward hand pose but it was the only way to show the effect of this deisgn. I had seen nail art like this on the internet and it was time I tried it myself. To be honest I had just once done something like this that the two hands complement each other’s design so it’s not that bad for the first time.

So on my left hand I did the skull and the upper theeth.

And on my right hand I did the lower theeth and the ribs.


You will be wondering what did I do on my thumbs. Well I have also wanted to add a bit of color to my design and make it more fun, so on my thumb I did a cute sugar skull. The teeth came out a bit awkward but I really like how the colors in the eyes match and stand out over black and white.













These are all the colors I used for this design. It’s mainly black and white and then the colors of the little flowers on the eyes which I made with dotting tools of two different sizes.


Are any of you mexican? I would love to know what you think about my design and how you celebrate this day. I hope you like it and don’t forget to like, share and comment for any questions or suggestions. Keep tunned because I will be uploading tutorials on this design, yes on the three different things so you can do them yourselves for halloween or whenever you want. Happy polishing and happy 5 de Mayo for all the mexican people around here!
This design is also part of Polish Days by Polly Polish, the theme was five so 5 de Mayo it is. This is the first time I take part in the Polish Days and I will try to be more alert for the next one.
 



No comments :

Post a Comment