May 7, 2013

Red Galaxy Tutorial

Hey guys! Well as my red galaxy nails were quite a success, at least between my friends- yes I have friends hahahah I’m not always painting my nails- I decided to put up this little tutorial on how to do galaxy nails. I hope it helps you create your own galaxy nails using different colors and different styles. It’s quite difficult doing a tutorial like this as what you really do is just sponge some colors on your nail but I hope it’s useful for you guys. Let’s get the show started!


1. As always you will need to apply a base coat to protect your natural nails and then paint your nails black. For this design I used black but if you use colors like pinks and purples dark blue also looks great.

2. Use a make up sponge, I cut it in little pieces and I use some tweezers to hold them, like this you get a more precise look. Sponge some red polish on your nail, it doesn’t have to cover it all just on random places. There isn’t really a wrong way to do it just tap it on your nail but before applying remove the excess of polish by tapping it first on a sheet of paper.

3. Sponge on your nail a coral red or something like that, as before not on your whole nail just on one area. When adding a new color use different sponges so they don’t mix and end up looking the same.

4. Add white to your nail, careful you don’t cover all the other colors with white. White will give this impression of galaxy space thing.

5. Add a dark pink or a really dark red, just a bit over the white and as said before not covering the entire nail.

6. On random spots sponge some flashy orange.

7. Add a bit more white and if you want over the white a lighter orange.

8. I sponged on my nails some more of that dark red we used earlier because it got all covered up with the other colors but if it looks fine without adding the red now it’s time to add some glitters, I used a silver glitter and a redish kinda glitter which had little hexagon glitters too. Don’t paint your nail with the glitter, get the brush remove all the glitter and then with the glitter that remains on the brush tap it on your nail randomly.

9. Using dotting tools of different sizes make a few dots on your nail, not too many you don’t want to cover all the colours you used.

10. With a thin brush (this is optional) make a little cross or two as if they were shining stars, but don’t over do it.

11. Add a top coat to blend the colors in and to protect your design. Don’t forget to clean up your cutticles after because they will probably get dirty after sponging so many colors.

Here are all the colors I used in this design in order that I used them:

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, I know it looks difficult because there’s quite a lot of steps but it really isn’t it just need quite a lot of colors. Try it yourselves and tell me about it. And if the first time it doesn’t turn out quite well remember practice makes perfect. Don’t forget to share with your friends, like and comment if you have any question or suggestion. Happy polishing!

No comments :

Post a Comment