Hey guys! Well as my red galaxy nails were quite a success, at least between my friends- yes I have friends hahahah I’m not always painting my nails- I decided to put up this little tutorial on how to do galaxy nails. I hope it helps you create your own galaxy nails using different colors and different styles. It’s quite difficult doing a tutorial like this as what you really do is just sponge some colors on your nail but I hope it’s useful for you guys. Let’s get the show started!
1. As always you will need to apply a base coat to protect your
natural nails and then paint your nails black. For this design I used
black but if you use colors like pinks and purples dark blue also looks
2. Use a make up sponge, I cut it in little pieces and I use some
tweezers to hold them, like this you get a more precise look. Sponge
some red polish on your nail, it doesn’t have to cover it all just on
random places. There isn’t really a wrong way to do it just tap it on
your nail but before applying remove the excess of polish by tapping it
first on a sheet of paper.
3. Sponge on your nail a coral red or something like that, as before
not on your whole nail just on one area. When adding a new color use
different sponges so they don’t mix and end up looking the same.
4. Add white to your nail, careful you don’t cover all the other
colors with white. White will give this impression of galaxy space
5. Add a dark pink or a really dark red, just a bit over the white and as said before not covering the entire nail.
6. On random spots sponge some flashy orange.
7. Add a bit more white and if you want over the white a lighter orange.
8. I sponged on my nails some more of that dark red we used earlier
because it got all covered up with the other colors but if it looks fine
without adding the red now it’s time to add some glitters, I used a
silver glitter and a redish kinda glitter which had little hexagon
glitters too. Don’t paint your nail with the glitter, get the brush
remove all the glitter and then with the glitter that remains on the
brush tap it on your nail randomly.
9. Using dotting tools of different sizes make a few dots on your
nail, not too many you don’t want to cover all the colours you used.
10. With a thin brush (this is optional) make a little cross or two as if they were shining stars, but don’t over do it.
11. Add a top coat to blend the colors in and to protect your design.
Don’t forget to clean up your cutticles after because they will
probably get dirty after sponging so many colors.
Here are all the colors I used in this design in order that I used them: