November 9, 2013

Lightning Tutorial

Hey guys! I can't keep my promisses and at this rythm november won't be as active as I wanted it to be. While I finish my next design which is taking me more than two hours to get done I'm posting this tutorial some of you have asked for. The lightning design which you can totally wear anytime and in fact isn't that difficult!


1. Paint your nails a base color, it can either be dark blue or even black.
2. Sponge a lighter blue making some path for the lightning to follow, this will create the effect that the lightning is actually illuminating your nail. I also added some darker blue to make some shades. It's better to use little pieces of spong and apply the color with tweezers.
3. Spong some dark pink or purple on random spots just to give the design some color
4. From the base of the nail to the tip create a line with white or light yellow. It has to be irregular so you don't need steady hands for this.
5. From the original line make one or two more in different directions. Remember to make them edgy like lightnings.
6. Apply top coat and you are ready to rock your nails.

These are the colors I used but you can try different combinations, purple base, black base and sponging with ligher colors. The possibilities are infinite!


I hope to see you try these out. If you do please let me know I would love to see your work, if you have an instagram just tag #thenailartshow or just put the link on the comments below so I can check them out! Happy polishing and keep tuned for my next design COMING SOON!

No comments :

Post a Comment