November 14, 2013

31 Day Challenge – Day 27: Inspired By Artwork (Starry Night)


Hey guys! It seems I'm doing quite fine at the moment and not leting much time pass between each post. The end of the 31 day challenge is getting closer and I've finally arrived to one of the themes I was most excited about, inspired by artwork! I decided to make my own and simplified version of Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh.


I did my best to recreate a fantastic artwork. I guess everyone here is familiar with the painting, but just in case.. just in case I will post a photo here so you can see how my design doesn't make justice to one of my favorite artists.

I did what I could to recreate the effect even if the shapes aren't really accurate and as I didn't include the moon on the four nails I normally show you I decided to paint it on my thumb where I had more space.


These are the colors I used, not that much considering all the blue tones I needed but I just used my blue base color (Essence) and mixed it with other blues and black and white.


I hope you liked this design, I really enjoyed painting it and I'm quite happy of how it turned out. What do you think? Can't wait to create a new mani and end this amazing experience of the 31 nail art challenge. Happy polishing lovelies!

No comments :

Post a Comment