October 5, 2013

Lace Tutorial

Hey guys! I am so sorry I can't post a new mani for the 31 day challenge, I'm really busy with university and my choir. Singfònics, the choir that I'm in, is on a TV program and we have rehearsals everyday and it occupies most of my time. I thought as I can't give you a new design I would give you a tutorial for my Lace It Up design from last week.


1. Paint your nails with your favorite base coat and a base color, I chose this pastel purple.
2. Paint a black half circle on your nail as you were going to do a halfmoon mani.
3. Make a curved line at some distance from the half circle and draw some lines.
4. Paint little half circles around the line you just created
5. Go from end to end of the nail, it's quite a difficult step so be patient. I finished my nails here as I was really happy with how they looked but you can continue with the next steps if you want a more fuller nail.
6. From the borders of your nail make two curved lines that meed in the middle.
7. Draw another curved line where the other two lines met.
8. Just above the line we just did make a more curved one.
9. With a really small dotting tool or the same nail art brush male little dots to finish the design and make it look more like lace.
10. Add a top coat to protect your design and you have finished with your lace design.

This is the final result following the steps until 5, but you can continue and fill your nail with the rest of the design.

 

These are the two colors I used for this design but you can try many combinations, different base colors, white or gray for the lace pattern. Anything is valid!



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I will do my best to try and do my nails this week. Next theme is watermarble and I suck so hard at watermarble but well... that's what challenge are for, trying to improve and trying things you wouldn't normally do right? Wish me luck and happy polishing!

No comments :

Post a Comment